Friday, June 8, 2012

Movie Review: Snow White and the Huntsman

Here's my review on the just-in-theatres movie: Snow White and the Huntsman.


Initially, I had no interest in watching this movie: Perhaps due to the fact that I am no fan of medieval movies packed with fighting scenes. I'd rather watch Avengers (I know shame on me for not having watched yet) but it was already out of theatres. 
Well, well, well so we watched Snow White and the Huntsma and Sui Eng and mine's final verdict was... 

...we should have watched something else. 

I don't know how to describe it exactly. Sure it was sort of action-packed but the plot was nothing special, the lead actors and actress (Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth) were two which I did not care for (although props to Charlize Theron though. She was absolutely stunning.), the scenes were dark and leary, nothing fairy-tale-like or magical about that, and the ending was too predictable. Come on, who doesn't know the ending to Snow White. 

Although the movie was not overly unbearable, I recommend you spend your money elsewhere.  In one word, the movie was boring despite the numerous fighting scenes and  it put me to sleep, like literally. 

On a side note, as you know in the classic Snow White tale, the step-mother aka the Evil Queen/Bitch tries to kill Snow White because the magic mirror tells her that Snow White is much more beautiful than her. In the movie version, I did not find Snow White (Kristen Stewart)  in anyway more aesthetically pleasing than the Evil Queen (Charlize Theron). Damn, Charlize Theron is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Pics to prove my point

Here's the queen in all her youthful glory.
Here's Snow White looking dirty and depressed. Note: she stays this way for about 95% of the movie.

SummerlyBubble's ratings for Snow White and the Huntsman (2012): 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment